Monday, June 23, 2014

Rubbish Tuesday #8

It's time for Rubbish Tuesday again. I can't believe this is number 8 already. I'm having fun, hope you are enjoying the old stuff, too.
 This is an old barn that caught my eye while on a ramble. I liked the way the side looks like it has stripes. I don't know why, but it has strips of wood nailed to the side. While looking at this shot on the computer, I saw a flag on the front side of the barn.
This is a crop of the old barn when I saw the flag that led to the winning entry in the camera club contest. If you missed my brag post, click HERE. I liked TexWisGirl's comment on that post. She commented that the flag is a mixture of a Texas and American flag. I agree.
 Most people around here are avid Cardinals fans. Me? I'm a die-hard Texas Ranger fan, but root for the Cubbies up here. So what if they never win? On the same road I saw this storage shed. That's a great old bike, gate, and hand cultivator leaning up against the side. I didn't get a very good angle. There was a wedding going on in the back yard of the house, so sneakily stopped where the guests couldn't see me. I'm a bit timid about taking pictures when people are looking. I guess I'm afraid they will come running out and yell at me. Are you timid when it comes to getting a good shot?
This is the side of an old church turned antique shop. I really like the 'stuff' shown here. One day I'm going to stop and go inside.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you will join in the fun.

My idea was to have a place to post 'old things'.  Anything old and/or deteriorating such as old houses, barns, outbuildings, old cars, rusty things, antiques, interesting junk, or it can be something in pristine condition, but just old. 

1. Link to a post featuring photos of something old.
2. Link back to Rubbish by Roan in your post.
3. As time allows, visit other participants and comment on their posts.


30 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I hope an old portrait from the 40s will be considered for the meme. Thing is, where we are, there aren't that many old worn down buildings/barns as most add for linking. I have a bit of difficulty coming up with something. But, I try!!! Which will be posted tomorrow on Tuesday.

Love the old implements for gardening on the side of a church/antique shop you've shared.

TexWisGirl said...

i like that 'stuff' too. :) and the stripy barn w/ it's flag. :)

Sharon Wagner said...

I say that all the time as well. One day I'll go inside.

Tanya Breese said...

i love that flag on the barn! and i love this linky! thanks for hosting each week!

Anonymous said...

What lovely shots.

Karen said...

I like all the old garden tools!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Congrats on the camera contest!
I'm always too chicken to take pictures of personal property. ;-)

Ginny Hartzler said...

I went to your link and the picture really is awesome, congratulations. This barn is so unusual with the wood strips and such, but it is in pretty good repair. BAD about the snapping rule at the recital!! These events are usually filled with grandparents who badly want pictures. Sometimes it s because they are selling videos. The ones here allow photos but no flash. So I get there an hour early and get the front seat. But at least we can see her pretty dress, I know you were so proud!

Debby Ray said...

Great old barn...love other pics too. New stuff is so boring.

Halcyon said...

I always enjoy your "old stuff", really glad you started this meme!
I am not a "cardinals" fan, but I love the bird, so I wouldn't mind having that design. And love the barn too! :)

Gail Dixon said...

That is a charming old barn with the boards and flag. Yay Texas Rangers! Hubby is a huge fan, but gets so frustrated with them. I wish I had something old to post for the meme. One day I will come up with something!

bj said...

I love barns !!
I'll be by to link up this evening.
xo bj

Brian King said...

Great looking barn!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

This is such a fun party! I love your post and feel like I fit in perfectly around here! Enjoy your week! Hugs, Diane

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i love the roof on the red barn. & really love the fence leaning with all that rubbish. neat finds. ( :

betty-NZ said...

What a great barn. The stripes you mentioned are interesting as is the flag. There are lots of tiny churches-turned-shops along the way around here but most of them are art galleries.I like your 'stuff' better!

betty-NZ said...

And, BTW, I feel the same way about shoot other people's stuff but I am now getting a bit braver!

Maude Lynn said...

I love that crop shot of the barn!

Little Wandering Wren said...

I'm getting braver when it comes to taking a good photograph, I just wish I was quicker at getting my phone on and ready to take that perfect shot!!
Loved looking at your barns and your church come antique shop today, thank you.
Wren x

Anonymous said...

Nice to see the barn. It has a good design in it.

Unknown said...

A great selection of old stuff, I like the tools stacked by the side wall. Isn't it amazing what details you find in a photo once it is uploaded to the computer. Thanks for hosting this great meme.

EG CameraGirl said...

Ha, the barn appears to be striped! I really like the photo of the church/antique shop. Artsy!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Love all the old barns and the the "stuff". As many bloggers are having problems with not receiving others post in their dashboard, I Hope you will enjoy my slide show yesterday of Rowallane Gardens and the video today. Birding For Pleasure. Thanks for comment on Saturday.

Cranberry Morning said...

Ah, love the barn photo especially!

Jackie McGuinness said...

Definitely go inside who knows what you could photograph!!

Sally in WA said...

I like that barn and flag, too! Neat! Even though I am not a Cardinals baseball fan, cardinals are one of my favorite birds. I like what they did on that shed. And yes, I am timid too about taking photos if people are watching. :-)

marilyn said...

putting strips over the abutting boards is called 'board and batten' ...looks like these were added much later after the original barn was built...it does add such a nice visual element to the barn...and it is a fabulous barn...

A Colorful World said...

Fabulous post! I love these wonderful rustic images!

Jenn Jilks said...

I love your meme. I just don't have any rubbish photos, though!
(ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

Ida said...

Well I loved your barn with the tattered flag. Congrats on winning first place. Your hubby's photo was very nice too. I love flag shots no matter what, they never get old to me.
Great barn with the Cardinal decorations and I'm dying to know when you stop at that antique store what's inside.